Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving is Just Around the Corner!



Thanksgiving is only two days away! With Thanksgiving practically here and Christmas rapidly approaching, we often times go into a very festive mode, or at least try to get into the festivities, even if we don't really feel like it! With a one year old in my little family now, building family traditions has been on my mind lately. Growing up, we always had the best holidays with family and friends. Now the big question is, how do I continue on with those traditions and holiday festivities for my own little family?

I'll start by decorating the house in a little Christmas decor and lighting Cinnamon and Christmas Tree scented candles or use my favorite Scentsy. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm still learning to cook, so food and baking items may not be plentiful, but I can always go buy a yummy pie somewhere. Music is also a great way to get into the holiday spirit. This year I'll add to my Christmas music collection by downloading seven classic Christmas songs for FREE from Amazon.com! Click here for your FREE Christmas tunes!


That is pretty much all I've got! I obviously need help!

What are your family traditions? How do you get in the holiday spirit and make it a special time for your family? We love hearing all of your comments!

Happy Holidays~

3 comments:

Linda said...

We also love holiday smells and candles flickering...thanks for the free music downloads...I'm off to do that right now. Oh, one more thing...I just ordered another good smelling batch of Scentsy bars which really make the house smell like Christmas...very welcoming.

cara said...

Well, we are going to Maui for thanksgiving...but I doubt we can make that a tradition! But for now, it will do. I like to make good sugar cookies and let the kids go crazy decorating and eating them. Otherwise, music, food, and just wishing we were all together.

claire said...

traditions are hard to create when your family is so young, but just making it *feel* like the holidays is wonderful. i love good music, tasty, comfort foods, and making the house smell yummy. thanks for the downloads tip!