Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things to do with a Costco Chicken

By the middle of the week, I need some quick, delicious dinner ideas and Costco usually comes through for me.  Their frozen foods are ok in a pinch, but there is so much that can be done with a $4.99 rotisserie chicken! 

Tonight we had asian lettuce wraps, which is a fun, healthy way to get kids to eat some greens.  I chopped up onion, garlic, thinly sliced carrots, and green onion and sauteed it up in olive oil, a drop or two of sesame oil, soy sauce, and some sweet and sour sauce, then at the very end I added chopped up chicken and heated through.  We filled our own crisp lettuce leaves with rice, sliced cucumber, and cilantro and the kids loved it!  Healthy, fresh and fast.

Other yummy Costco chicken ideas are: tortilla soup, chicken enchiladas, BBQ chicken salad, chicken pot pie, philly chicken sandwich...the possibilities are endless!  What are your favorite uses for a cheap, already cooked chicken?

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That sounds so good!

Jen Howick said...

I would LOVE to see more kid friendly recipes on here. I get so tired of always having to think of foods. I usually end up making the same things over and over. That sounds great though!

Jen Howick said...

or even just kids meal ideas... like I usually do chicken nuggets and apples for one lunch, mac n cheese and pears, for another, etc... but i just grow tired of same things over and over. so do my kids. what are some ideas?