Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Muslin Swaddling Blanket--A Product Review




There is nothing sweeter to me than seeing a newborn baby all swaddled up tight in a little blanket! Babies love to be swaddled, and it is well known that mothers have been swaddling their infants for thousands of years.
On a recent trip to Target, I made a wonderful discovery, and I want to share it with every mother of an infant I know! I found a pack of these swaddling blankets made from cotton muslin fabric. I bought the pack and gave three to a new mom I know as a baby gift and kept one for my 6 month old. This muslin swaddling blanket is made by aden + anais, you can see their website here. I couldn’t be happier with this blanket. The fabric is soft, has a little give to it which makes it great for swaddling (and staying put!), and is big enough to wrap up even a 6 month old. It is so lightweight and breathable, it is perfect for summer or warmer climates. It also makes a great nursing cover for this same reason--it allows baby to breath without getting too warm. The only downside I would say would be cost--at Target I paid 29.99 for a pack of 4. But, absolutely worth every penny in my opinion. Check out their website--if you weren’t a convert to swaddling, you will be after reading what they have to say about it!

No comments: